Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Post Office

If you've ever met me, there's a good chance you've realized I'm not the most patient of people.  I don't like waiting in lines.  I don't like incompetence.  And I certainly don't like people who stand on the left side of the escalator.  For all of these reasons, plus the language barrier, I hate the post office.  Especially in Kwun Tong.  Especially at lunch.

Today is a cold, rainy, and totally miserable day.  I have been summoned by not only the post office, but also the bank to pick up my new card, so I begrudgingly make plans to venture to the island during lunch.

I trudged out in the cold and the wet all the way to Quarry Bay to the post office.  The MTR surprisingly not too packed.  Walking down the sidewalk, even with all of the umbrellas, pales in comparison to the clusterf&(k that is Kwun Tong.

I walk in and no less than 4 employees beckon for my attention from behind their plastic partition.  Say, what!? I quickly hand them my wet package slip and they immediately hand me 2 packages, don't ask for my ID, and tell me to have a wonderful day.

Total time in post office < 1 minute.

I hustle across the street to HSBC prepared for war, walk straight up to the counter (which is upstairs, which is mildly annoying in my sopping wet shoes) hand my letter to the lady with my HKID, and just a couple minutes later I have my very own HSBC card:  McPhate Lauren C.

Total time in HSBC <3 minutes.

Wouldn't it be nice if the bank and post office could always be this pleasant?

PS THANK YOU CHETTA AND RYAN!!!  We can't wait to open and play the game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment