Friday, July 20, 2012

White Wine Week


But aren't they all in the summer??  Actually no.  85% of what HK drinks is red wine.  True story.
The Louis

Wednesday Paul and I popped into The Wine Gallery by ASC Wines for a Louis Jadot tasting.  Louis Jadot is all things Burgundy, which means only three things; Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Gamay!  My favorite of the night was either the Chablis 2010 or the 1er Cru Clos de la Garenne 2008.  Both had this wonderful nutty, butter (popcorn!) taste that stuck with you.  Hours later while at home I could taste those wins.  Devine.
Pinot Noir Table

It was also really fun because I ran into several HOFWs friends.  Stella, Happy, and Freeman were all there studying for their level 3, and sipping it up.  Wine Wednesday!

Thursday Paul and I hit up a Foodie tasting with Amorosso Fine Wines.  This was all things North Italy.  I had never had wines from the Friuli region before, and I'm glad I have now.  They were so rich and fruity, but in a totally new kind of way.

I'm telling you, the best way to study is to get out there and drink.  I know so much from researching what I drank the night before, I'm going to be an expert before I know it.  I may turn into a functional alcoholic in the process, but hey, who am I kidding, I crossed that bridge long ago.


I kid I kid.  I don't drink every night.  Just most :)  I blame Chetta......

No comments:

Post a Comment