Friday, February 15, 2013

Post Bali Valentine's Day

I will have a full recap about how f%£*& awesome Bali is this weekend, but in the mean time, here's what we did on Valentine's Day.

Arrive HK 5:45 am.  Arrive Qbay apartment 6:45 (HK airport is amazing!) am.  Alarm goes off 7:45.  Lauren wakes up 9.  Oops.  Lauren works catching up on nonsense at HOFWs all day while Paul sleeps and prepares.

Prepare for what, you ask?

For the sweetest Valentine's dinner ever!  When I walk in the door at 6:30, I immediately notice a flower with a bottle of Bailey's wrapped in the stem!  My favorite, and I don't think I've had any Bailey's this year on account of the summer-like weather.  No complaining there. 

Then turn to the table to see the following, all made from scratch a la Paul:

miso, chapati, hummus, olives, tomatoes, and crabs...rounded out with a white from S.France
  • miso soup with spinach, carrots, and tofu (this screams Lauren!)
  • hummus garnished with an olive, paprika, and pepper (Paul was quite pleased with his garnishing skills
  • chapati (Indian 'flat' bread- Paul could use some practice with a rolling pin)
  • steamed crabs 
I promised not to post this.  Oops.  Mrs. Field's cookies!

It was so sweet and such a surprise to come home to after a looooong day.  And I surprised Paul with a bag of Mrs. Field's cookies and brownie bites.  These things should be illegal!

How was your V-day!?


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment