Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 3

Hong Kong has been totally amazing so far. I'm close to getting all of the mold out of things, although I do still need to bleach suitcases and bags. BAH YOU MOLD!! Last night Paul and I went to the supermarket and picked up some sushi to go and brought it back to "Club Latitude" (the amenities for the building) to sit outside and enjoy. On the 6th floor of the club house there are 5 or 6 BBQs with huge counter space and full tables. It's gorgeous and totally deserted! I can't wait until winter to go out and grill all night! Or summer, I just dont have any friends yet.

Today was my first solo day!! I'm already feeling comfortable with the neighborhood and transportation systems and have managed not to get lost so far. Today I had lunch with my friend Stoga's friend from DC. He's Korean but grew up in NY and now lives in DC and is interning this summer at Google Hong Kong. It's like we're twins...only he has more education and a better job. Andrew was the best host. He showed me around his neighborhood, his apartment, hooked me up with Lonley Planet HK, and then showed me his Google office. Google offices are no joke. It's like going to work in the funnest place ever! There are decorations and balls to sit on and just cool stuff everywhere. I was impressed and Andrew just shrugged and says it pales in comparison to Google Korea. It sucks that he's leaving this week to go back to DC, but we plan to meet up tomorrow night to go out.

So the Latitude is set up like this. Floors B1-2=mall. Floor 3 is ground for all towers. There are only 5 towers, but somehow we live in tower 8. 3, 4, and 5 were mysteriously skipped. H,mm .4 means DIE in Chinese so throughout the Asian world the 4th floor is skipped, but here they take it to the extreme and skip 14, 24, 34, but not 40-49. Again, hmm. Here are some apt. pictures:


Our closet, I mean bedroom


Bathroom

/DSCF3253.JPG">
Living Room



View from outside our tower enterance

I'll have to get some pictures of the Club and our view later, but as you can see I have been very busy. Tonight I'm cooking clams, squid, shrimp, linguini in a white wine sauce for dinner. Tomorrow I may head out to Ikea and get a dresser for our room, but I don't know if I'll have the time. We're turning the wall at the foot of our bed into a closet so I need a bar for that. We have too much crap and somehow I have nothing appropriate to wear for "business casual."

Perhaps one of these days I'll have time to start looking for a job. Macau's looking far more likely this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment