Thursday, January 24, 2013

Best Wines Ever

So last night I met with some ladies to sip on wine at Porto Fino, a new Mediterranean resto in Central.  Julia, Jackie and I sipped the sub par wines whilst chatting about new restaurants and travels.  It has come to my attention that I am now a wine snob, well that's what my friends say at least.  I disagree.  Although I may think (and vocalize) a wine is not great (or even good), I will still drink it without complaint.  I can just recognize good from bad now, but I do not discriminate.  Especially when it's free.

Post tasting, Jackie and I head to La Cabane to meet Alicia.  This is soo my favorite new place.  The wines are all natural and from France, and because there are no chemicals or any additives, they taste like WINE.  Unadulterated delicious wine.  I still haven't had their insane looking cheese, but I'm sure I will soon.  Last night we split a couple carafes of a wine from the South of France; Carignan, Mouvedre, and Cinsault blend, and it was just lovely.  So full of flavor and tannin. 

Today the big boss if off in Macau If all goes well we should be heading into retirement in these next few months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment