Thursday, December 1, 2011

BEST NEWS EVER!!!

So I was going to write a blog about my exciting news with House of Fine Wines, but something much MUCH cooler just came into my inbox.  Remember when I mentioned I had gone to an aviation fair with Paul, Kenny and Nina?  Well, Kenny entered a raffle.  And guess who won third place?  And guess what third place is?!  A helicopter tour for 5 of Hong Kong!  And guess who he's bringing!?? Nina's sister just happens to be in town that week, so it's Kira (said sister), Kenny, Nina, Paul and I!!!  Check it out:

http://www.heliservices.com.hk/info/detail/Flightseeing/en/

This will be my first helicopter ride!  I'm so excited!!!  And we're going December 18th which is officially the start of Paul's Christmas vacation.  What a kick off!!!!

Ok so other maybe exciting news, I met with Gregior at the Chungking Mansions for some Indian food in TST last night.   If you've never heard of Chungking Mansions, google it.  It's notorious.  Anyway, he voiced some concerns.  Concerns being the lack of cash to pay me, me running away with company secrets, potential conflict of personalities (he has a tendency to say fuck. He's Irish.).  But, I think overall they need me.  They have no systems in place, they could use the help in sales, and hell I'm willing to work cheap.  So he's going to chat again with Sean and JC, but he thinks we'll be able to work something out.  Basically I would start with a 2 week trial period just to make sure we can all work together.  I would be in charge of implementing all the new systems, organizing the office, putting more structure into events, sales, social media and marketing, and most importantly tasting :)  I need to think of an awesome title.  Lauren McPhate, Wine President.  I don't think they'll go for that.... So we're going to reconvene Monday and I'll have more news.  WINE!

This week has been weird.  I've lost my will to run; I am now on a haitus.  To network.  To schmooze.  Even to blog.  Have you noticed?  Perhaps it's the weather (it dropped from 80 to 60!) or the holidays, but I am just feeling lazy.  And you know what, who cares!?  haha.  I'm on break from...unemployment(?) until January!   Although, today I woke up early and went down to Central for the monthly Social Media meeting at PURE.  I went last month and really enjoyed it.  Even though it means me getting up at 7.  Today we had a great speaker come tell us about social media's use in the wine industry, oddly relevant to what I'll be doing.  She was great and really inspirational.  Wine entrepreneurship seems pretty sweet.  It's so funny at these events though.  There are 50+ people, and when you look around the room, I guarantee 90% of people are on their phones or ipads.  Mostly Tweeting.  hah But I always learn something and get some new apps.  Again, didn't feel like networking, so I just booked it after.   I did try to go find the December issue of Foodie, but I guess they haven't distributed it.  But if you would like a look, check here:

http://issuu.com/foodie.hk/docs/foodie_2011_december_highres_issuu

Check out page 1 contributors.  Yeah, that's right.  LAUREN MCPHATE.

I did the food review, Street View, and Word on the Street.  Notice Nina and Victor.  They're both my friends :)

So yeah, just finished off some panetonne, doing some laundry, then Paul and I are heading up to the New Territories to get bikes!!!!  Two bikes for $300 (<$40)!!  Wooohoo!!!!  Tomorrow is another early AM.  I'm going to head over to Sai Kung to HKUST for a presentation about their MBA program.  For someone who quit unemployment, this seems awfully networky....

No comments:

Post a Comment