Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Never

Would I have thought that I would have this problem.  Too much open wine at serious risk of going bad!  Usually you're short on booze, no?  Well, when you work for a wine company and get new stock in you just don't have a choice.  You've simply got to taste them all.  Chetta and Maria, I need you girls stat!

Paul and I had planned a sober night of Avengers (we get it a week before you America!), but here it is 4 bottles of wine opened later, and I'm probably not sober.   We have a client from France in and it's soooooo interesting for me to watch him (Greg's making him taste blind) evaluate the wines.  There are flavors and things I have noticed in wines but never been able to put a word to.  You know how some reds taste artificial and chemically?  Well, probably it's because they are.  A lot of times it's added perfume for aroma.  Or instead of oaking the wine in expensive barrels, the vineyards add wood chips to the pot and get the wood flavor there.  A bit cheap, but does enhance the flavor. 

The trifecta of whites:

acid, concentration, aromatics

For reds, add in some tannins and you got yourself a fiiiine wine.

Anyway,  Paul and I had a wonderful holiday!  Labor Day in Hong Kong means no work on a Tuesday, which is just fine by us.  We hit up Festival walk for some shopping at H&M.  They usually annoying because of the cheap quality, but they have some SUPER cute stuff in now!  I got a couple pairs of awesome sunglasses, a new bathing suit, a dress, a cat tank (which is awesome!), and I even let Paul get a pair of sunglasses :)  Then we raced home in the squally 90% humidity to get ready for our Mandarin burger dinner followed by the opera.....

No comments:

Post a Comment