Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Phil, are you there?

Post holiday season is all about reconnecting.  It's so easy during all the travel, parties, shopping, to lose touch with, well, everyone.  Christmas has passed.  CNY has passed (I got 2 more red envelopes yesterday!) and now it's time to settle into the funk that is February.

Last night I met up with Kameron for dinner in Mong Kok.   We had a lovely time catching up over noodles and dumplings.  Tonight I'm hitting sassyhk (blog) happy hour for drinks with Cathy and Katie who were both also just in the Philippines.  Same country different island.  Tomorrow AM is my monthly social media group meeting.  It's my favorite networking event.  It's worth the trek at 8:30 am to Central.  There's always a monthly theme where someone puts on a presentation about how they use social media, or some new facet of social media, or just a review of what's going on.  It's super interesting, really relevant to my job now, and the people are fantastic.  Then I'm off to meet Liza, who has kind of become a mentor/mother type person for me here.  She's invited me to her church, to hiking, and always has kind words of advice and encouragement.  Paul and I are going to hit a Korean BBQ place for dinner.  It's a groupon so I don't have high expectations.  Why do we keep buying them!?  ha one day we'll learn.  Then it's work Saturday AND Sunday.  What!?

Happy Hump Day America!  Happy Groundhog Day Hong Kong!


No comments:

Post a Comment