Thursday, February 9, 2012

WWT

If you haven't looked yet, please check out HOFWs new blog and read all about what it is I do all day.  Well not really, but you can hear about our events, and if I get the time I will start posting some wine news.

http://houseoffinewines.blogspot.com/


Yesterday was another busy/fun day at work.  I spent most of the day preparing a marketing strategy for our Spanish seafood provider.  The owners are coming in next Tuesday (Valentine's Day), and as timing would have it, I'll be at my Social Media Week event.  Greg bought the ticket! Woo.

Post work yesterday I went down to the WorldWide Center in Central to meet Liza for the Institute of Director's Spring Social.  This was put on by the same organization as my first networking event 6 months ago- Swiss Wine.  This time there was a smaller crowd, but I still walked out of there with no less than 30 cards.  And this has been my first real networking event since I've started working, and guess what.  Everyone loves the wine guy.  People look at my card and immediately say, 'cool,' or 'how fun,' or something along those lines. I spent the better half of the morning sending out 'nice to meet you' emails.  Hopefully I can get some business from it and get in good with the bossmen.

After the event I went over to the Globe and met Paul for a beer.  If I had to name my favorite bar in Hong Kong it would definitely be the Globe.  It's an English pub with approximately 3 million beers to choose from, all the meat pies you can imagine, and cheese boards!  Lovely Lovely cheese boards.  It's where I spent chilly unemployed afternoons catching up on my HK magazines.  Paul had an equally interesting night, but I would like for him to tell you about it. So perhaps tonight while I'm off tutoring two classes in a row (why do I do this to myself on Friday night?), Paul will write a little diddy for ya.

No work tomorrow!!!!  Paul and I are going to venture out to either Lamma Island or Lan Tau for some hiking.  Finger's crossed the weather holds out.




No comments:

Post a Comment