Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday!

Paul's massive (of 2) meatball sub

Big exciting things going on in San Po Kong tonight.  First, I come home from tutoring and Paul is elbow deep in ground chicken.  He made meatballs!!  After he got the balls going, I put the sauce on, and within 20 minutes we were good to go for dinner.   Who knew that was so easy!?  And delicious.  We accompanied our meatball dinner with Rock Star Rouge 2007 (Syrah, Tempranillo, Cinsauld) that we bought several weeks ago from California Vintage.  Totally bumped those meatballs up a notch.

<3 Cali Wines

As if all that wasn't exciting enough, we totally stepped it up post dinner.  Recently blueberries have been on super sale everywhere, I keep reading about these green breakfast shakes, and I have wanted to make a tomato or pumpkin soup for ages.  I've just been waiting on one thing. A blender.  Well my friends, tonight we hit up the Mikiki mall and bought ourselves our very first blender in Hong Kong.  As we speak I am boiling pumpkin so I can have a banana pumpkin soy smoothie for breakfast.  It may fail, but at least I'll fail blending.  
My new best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment