Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Smoothie of the Day

Today's smoothie is a special post 7.5k run smoothie.  Yesterday I worked a 12 hour day, all the boring details to follow, so Sean told me to come in late today.  I usually average about 5k running after I leave Paul, but today, time allowing, I stepped it up!  Woot.  Ohhhh and the past few days have been days that make you realize why you love running.  Perfect breeze, sunshine, and 70s.  It's the Spring I feel always got skipped in Korea!

In the AM Paul eats breakfast, I drink coffee and do planks (and eat his breakfast).  Today didn't have time to finish said coffee. Flash forward:
  
Smoothie=  cold coffee + frozen banana (what I have learn is crucial to perfect smoothie consistency + big old scoop of peanut butter....for protein...and sugar. 

Yum, pretty good and energizing!  Please share smoothie secrets with me!  So far I've had a failed avocado smoothie (doesn't mix with banana as well as I thought), but that's about as adventurous as I've gotten.  I need more ideas people!

Lunch at American Club
Anyway, yesterday Sean I went down to the American Club for their spring bazaar.  Sean told me to get to work at 8:30, he shows up at 9.  Typical.  We get down to the club which is set right on the ocean.   It's so beautiful, the weather's beautiful, but we're stuck inside. We had a few people come in with steady sales, but really this is a one man job.   I just stood.  And stood and stood and stood allllllllll day.  I got to chat with some cool vendors; some of whom I met before and some of which were new.  Lunch was nice but pretty small.  Since it's a private club you have to order from the restaurant there, and for the event we were limited to 4 choices.  It's getting into bathing suit season so I opted for the pumpkin, spinach, goat cheese salad over the shrimp pad thai (which I later heard was gross anyway).  The salad was good, but tiny!  And that's all there is to eat all day except for saltines, foie gras, and truffles.  You couldn't force foie gras or truffles on me at this point.  I've had enough of that for 4 lifetimes, and saltines are, well, saltines.  So I basically had some Prosecco with Gina who was selling beautiful baby ballerina dresses and sucked it up.  She told me they were designed by the Vera Wang of Australia.  For a brief moment I almost wanted a little girl just so I could play dress up.  Then the moment passed.

The scene
So yeah, 10-6 standing around.  Pack up and finally get home by 8. Poor Paul had been slaving over the stove as I had been slaving away at work, and as I walked in the door I basically ignored him and went straight to the kitchen.  He made AMAZING (what he calls) chili.  It's more like chicken, tomato soup if you ask me, but regardless it's soooooooo good!  I love you Paul.  He knows not to bug during feeding time, so I ate my spicy chili, sipped my Barolo, and caught up on some Desperate Housewives.  Perfect!  PS did you know Desperate Housewives was even still on??  Then we watched Mad Men!!!  Yey!!! One year later and it's back!!!!!!!!!

Tonight is date night.  We were supposed to go see Hunger Games with new bestie Steve, but poor Steve is on bout 3 or so of food poisoning since moving to Asia.  So it's just P, the tweens and I tonight.  What is this Hunger Games?  I keep hearing it's THE movie, but haven't seen any advertisements or anything for it.  Perhaps today at work I'll catch up on my People.  JK. Kinda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment