Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Race night!

Trying to get a view of the track

We had so much fun at the races last night!  Paul won his first race, then I blew his winnings on Elephant Cheers the next race.  Stupid horse with an awesome name.
  
Paul's so happy about his big win!
 Wedneday night races are awesome and somehow the starts aligned that I didn't have to work and it wasn't raining....much.  We met up with our friend Ashley who was in town visiting from Korea, and made our way into the track.  It was probably 7:30 when we got there and pretty deserted.  We used up my free tastes (thank you HK mag!).  I got a Cali Cabernet Sauv that was ok, Paul got a French Saint Emilion that was smooth but thin, and Ashley got something else.  I don't recall.  Bacus (pictured left) helped Paul figure out how to bet, andon his first go her won $1.50 over what he bet!!  Nice work baby!  Then I let the names get the best of me and stupid number 7 came in, well 7th! 

We watched 4 or 5 races, but come 9:30 it was getting late for these old people, so we said our goodbyes and MTRed it back to to Kong. 

I miss Steeplechase!


No comments:

Post a Comment