Friday, March 2, 2012

Week of Brian!

Sunday Champagne Brunch at Jumbo (thanks for Steve Alex!)
Really what I should do is go back and see what my last post was about.  Instead, I'm just going to go with what's on my mind.  I think I already covered champagne brunch (sooo not a good idea when you have to go to work the next day), so I'll move onward.  Monday night we were all feeling a little defeated, so Paul and I went down to the Conrad to meet Brian.  Ohhh the Conrad.  Since Brian travels so often, he is like double extra super platinum with Hilton, he often gets upgraded.  This is on top of the 5 free night vouchers he has earned.  His suite is no joke 2-3x the size of my two bedroom apartment.  There's a huge bedroom and huge bathroom with bathtub in the master part of the suite, then go to the other side and there's a two couch sitting area furnished with desk and working area.   And chocolates.  A new treasure chest of chocolates everyday!  So obviously Paul and I moved in for the week.

Back to Monday.  We were all beat and the Conrad had a free cocktail hour with hot buffet from 5-7, so we hit that, I went to a Wine MBA info session, and then we all met again to chill on the couch at watch National Geographic.  I miss having real TV.  Then we all get up at different times, Paul being the earliest, and hit the breakfast buffet.  Ahhh, I started every morning with a deliciously dark coffee, Greek yogurt and strawberries, and a salad with the best scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.  Life was good.

Tuesday we went out to an event at Pure with Cathy.  Free drinks and select snacks for 2 hours.  That wasn't enough so we hit up Otto in LKF after for more unlimited drinks.  That was the end of the night and beginning of a tough 2 days for me!  Wednesday felt like garbage.  Barely got anything done at work and then had to play host at our Wednesday Wine Tasting.  Ugghh.  I did start feeling better after a couple glasses of wine.  But then the tasting continued...and continued...until 1:30 we were hanging with the good folk at Randstad recruiting firm.  Paul and Brian were at the races in the meantime.

My daily breakfast in the Executive Lounge
Thursday and I just couldn't handle it.  Greg totally understood since we were out so late and so I layed in bed and did absolutely nothing alllll day.  Until tutoring with my favorite two new kids.  They are soooo sweet.  Sorry Agnes, you're out! (replaced)

Osage Gallery in Central
Friday evening we all met again and hit a gallery opening.  Was something different, then hit up a noodle place and enjoyed the light show  (me kind of could see it) from the Central Piers with some fancy European beers.

All in all a pretty good week despite what my liver will tell you.  I swear I don't even drink that much and I just feel like death the next day.  From here on out, back to healthy Lauren.  Wine only 3 times a week.  Cut the beer.  Cut the noodles.  I'm eating fresh veggies, exercising, and moderating the monkey juice.  Back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment