Thursday, March 8, 2012

Linguini Fini Steps Into the Lead

So you know how I always rave about the Globe?  It's definitely my favorite go to-hang out-relax with a good drink sort of place, but man has Linguini Fini given it a run for it's money!  I mentioned a few weeks back about amazing cocktails at amazing prices at LF.  Well it gets even better. I should really start from the beginning.

My Favorite Cocktail; Prosecco, Vermouth and Bitters
Paul and I both finished tutoring and met in Sheung Wan to hit up Le Shop des Createurs spring party at The Space.  We get there and there's a line- meh.  We wait it out, I see my friend Cherry of Aeris Magazine (you should check it out!), then head upstairs.  It's an amazing space, ha, totally open yet totally filled with vendors and guests.  There was jewelry, clothing, oh and did I mention, a ton of people. I should say a big Congrats to Cedric for putting on an amazing party!  And he was worried no one would show.  Paul and I ran into some friends, enjoyed the hipster scene, sipped on the one glass of wine we managed snag and then bailed for open pastures.  I had just read earlier in the day that LF has happy hour, so we hoofed it 10 blocks over.

Oh heavenly fatty delicious burgers, you
Oh LF.  There was a decent crowd there, but definte breathing room and an entire side of the bar to ourselves.  Happy hour consists of buy one get one cocktails, which is nuts as they're already super reasonable by Central standards.   I get my go-to Prosecco cocktail, Paul gets a Mexican mule, and we just melt into the scene.  There's a DJ spinning in the back and the bartender is super attentive in ensuring our waters are filled to the brim.  Round two and the bartenders chat us up and we tell them how much we love their cocktails and can't wait to come in for dinner sometime...you know the typical 'I love this place' chatter.  As we're approaching the end of our drinks the bartender comes out with a plate of four sliders.  Not just regular sliders; pork belly wrapped (housemade) fennel sausage sliders.  True story.  It's their signature meat, and as a part of happy hour they toss them on little buns and dish em out gratis!  And if that wasn't enough, while we're paying Jay puts down his name card with signature and says our first drinks are on him the next time we come in.   Jay, you are officially my favorite person in Hong Kong.  Sorry Paul, but this guy makes a killer cocktail and brings me mini burgers. 
  

Post LF, we were feeling a little guilty so we head up to the Globe to show some love. As always, I got a great recommendation from the bar for North Coast Brewery's Pranqster.  It's brewed in traditional Belgian style, and had I not known it was from Cali I would have sworn it was from Brussels! There's something gravitational about the Globe that every time P and I are down in Central we have to pop in. Even if it is just for one.

So that was it.  A little crawl of our favorite Soho/Sheung Wan haunts.  If I didn't have tutoring again tonight, Paul and I would be back in LF, this time with pizzas!

No comments:

Post a Comment