Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rugby Sevens

For those of you back home, the rugby sevens is the biggest event in Hong Kong!  It's THE event of the year.  Aside from the dragon boat race..  But I would argue this is WAY bigger. 

So basically it's a three day rugby tournament where all of the international teams play.  I don't follow or even understand rugby, but apparently it's a big deal.  This Wednesday all of the teams competing (or not even?) are hosting parties.  Then the rugby events begin Friday.  I don't know the schedule, or who's in it, but it goes until Sunday evening when the winner is decided.  Oh and did I mention everyone gets in costume, drinks all day, and gets totally ridiculous?

Paul and I had looked for tickets when they went on sale.  They immediately sold out and were going for 400 euro in the market.  I don't know about you, but 800 euro is nothing to sneeze at....

Looking on Craigslist now, looks like tickets are going for $3,500.  Times 2 and that's almost $1,000 usd my friends.  Hmmm.  We're tots going!!!

Weeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment