Sunday, September 11, 2011

Harvest Moon

I'm like Korean public transportation; I don't stop for red lights. Or umbrellas.

Today I woke up at 10 am, ate a giant Pissano's pizza (jumbo slice of HK!), read 4 local magazines, and went for a 9k run. I need a job :)

Yesterday Paul, Beth and I had a lovely day out in Sai Kung. Beth is in the same unfortunate situation as Paul and I. We all live on the mainland, or the "dark side" as islanders love to call it. But, luckily there's solace in company. Sai Kung is this beautiful little beach town, only with no beach, just piers over the water. There are people hawking boats, crabs, restaurants, and then tons of families and dogs just out to enjoy the clean beautiful sights. We of course were there with white wine, cheese and crackers. Perfect for nursing the free ladies drinks hangover from Saturday night!

Tomorrow is the mid-autumn harvest moon festival. From what I gather it just means no work and you're supposed to eat moon cakes, which I have never seen a person consume a whole one. Ugh sugar over dose. But it also means fireworks and party time tonight!! Woohoo.

-------------------------------

2 minutes later. I just got off the phone. Last week I was solicited by a young man outside my apartment to help save the children. I explained that I would love to, but as I currently don't have a job, it would be irresponsible to spend money I don't have. His eyes lit up and he told me that his company is always looking to hire. Hmm, not so keen on standing out in the 33 degree weather asking people for money, but I humored him and gave him my number. Flash to today and his boss, or someone called me very interested in hiring me. Until they learned I don't have a working visa. This again!!! Man, I can't even get jobs I don't want. Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment