Wednesday, September 14, 2011

McDonalds

Chinese people love McDonalds. Fact. There are 200+ McDonalds here in Hong Kong and I have never ever in the one month living here, seen one that is not wall to wall with people. Chinese people also love pancakes. You walk into any McDonalds pre-11 am and you're guaranteed to see a smorgasbord of pancakes. Wall to wall people and pancakes. Fact.

PS McDonalds breakfast includes the normal egg mcmuffin and the like, but they also have noodles in soup with meat. For breakfast. Ew. I have had more McDonalds in the last month than probably my entire life combined. I guess that comes with dating someone who can't gain weight. Kid loves his quarter pounder, and I love my ice cream.

---------------------------------------

The races were amazing last night!! It's the best people watching to date! There are hundreds, if not thousands of people, some decked out to the 9s and some in jean shorts, all out to watch the spectacle of horses running in a circle. The field itself if beautiful. Beautiful green turf with a backdrop of Hong Kong city. Entrance is $10HKD (~$1.20), you can bring in your own wine and snacks or buy a very reasonably priced beer in one of the many beer tents in the beer garden. It's just amazing to watch the business men and wifes and students alike, certainly not a crowd you would spot in Korea; this is much more business class. <3

Today I woke up early, 9:30 ha, called home, got cut off because of crappy internet, and now am trying to steal it from the club house. One of these days I will get internet in the apartment!! Going balls to the wall on job hunting today and then I think I shall reward myself with a beach day tomorrow. And I've been an exceptional housewife this week; homemade mac and cheese, chicken salad sandwiches, chicken fried rice, and eggplant parm tonight. Did you know that English call eggplant aubergine? I just learned this in India; I don't know how this fact escaped me for 26 years. Off to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment