Friday, September 23, 2011

More Tests

I just confirmed my October 3rd interview with Liza, to which she responded, you "must self-study to sit for the examinations for paper I and paper III to get the basic licence. This is the minimum requirement before our company may sign a contract with you. Attached is the study material for you. When you are ready, please tell me to reserve a seat for the examination and I shall try to get the company to waive the examin. fees for you." Hmm, another test, eh? Well I suppose this gives me something to do. Here's the title of the 148 oages she sent me to study "Insurance Intermediaries Quality Assurance Scheme." Sounds thrilling!

Friday night was lovely. Again the weather was cloudy, so there went the beach. I went wandering around HK island instead. Through Causeway Bay to Wan Chai, where I went to Viva Ana tapas bar. I had been there with the girls a few weeks ago. It was tasty and I'd been meaning to go back for happy hour. They have an awesome deal where it's buy 1 get 1 free wine and you get a free tapas. The tapas was a little lacking; a tiny little corner of an egg oniony thing, but for free I guess you can't complain. Then I met up with the ladies, hit Soho for happy hour continued, then it's free drinks for girls at The Wheel. Free drinks. On a Friday. Love it! Paul finally came out after his orientation night, just in time for us to all be tired and want to go home. Well I suppose that worked out because 7:30 and he had to go back to work this morning. Poor guy. I promise I'll get a good job so you can get a normal M-F gig.

Anyway, tis Saturday morning, cloudy again. What to do, what to do. No word from Ms. Han, but I suspect we'll meet up at some point this afternoon. I hope so at least because tomorrow I'll be on a junk all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment