Thursday, September 15, 2011

Light Show

I forgot to mention a few days ago while Neel was visiting we hit the Hong Kong light show. Now I thought I had already seen this; you know lights over Hong Kong. Ohhh no, no. You go down to TST right on the waterfront on the Kowloon side that faces Hong Kong Island. Then sharply at 8pm this futuristic "duh duh dunnnn" music starts up and laser beams from across the water start flying off all the skyscrapers. The lights on the fronts of the buildings are also in sync with the music. And it's just a seisuristic bright light calamity of color. It feels like a Disney production, but totally intense. I was surprised that they got so many buildings in on it, and they do it every night! If you're ever in HK, you gots to do the light show!!

After getting shot down for a few more jobs, today is definitely a beach day. I need a good swim and a good tan. In slightly hopeful news, I just got an email from a recruiter who previously said he can't help me ("but keep trying") asking me to meet he and his friends for happy hour tonight. Hopefully I can get some good networking in, or at least a few glasses of wine :)

Yesterday I made the best dinner to date, and I thank my mom for her suggestions. After an interesting experience at the grocery store trying to find breadcrumbs

Park N Shop Lady; "Ahh bread?"
Me: No, bread crumbs, you know for chicken or meat.
PNKL: "Ahh chicken!"
M: No, like dried bread in little peices
PNSL: "Ahh egg!"
M: Nevermind

I actually did find a small box of panko bread crumbs and everything else I needed to make eggplant parm. I was worried because I have never used our convection/microwave oven, but I found the manual and looked up the setting for "baked dish" and it turned out Asa!! And totally huge so I'm having it for dinner tonight, too! I also made Paul beef n broccoli for lunch today which turned out pretty asa as well. I'm getting good at this. I'm thinking pad thai and shrimp n linguini next week. Any suggestions?

Just looked up tickets home for Christmas and it seems if I want to leave on December 23rd, it's going to cost me close to a G. But if we leave a week earlier it's only $760...will I have a job or won't I???

No comments:

Post a Comment