Sunday, September 25, 2011

INTERNET IS HERE!!

Finally, after 6 weeks in Hong Kong, we have internet.  It's about time! And guess what else is here? YATA!! Yey gourmet Japanese grocery store in my basement. I already went this morning just for milk for my cereal.  And what else showed up today?? The sun! After a solid week of low 70s (brrrr) weather, the sun has come out. It's friend wind is still here, but hopefully I will finally be able to go to the beach tomorrow. This tan won't keep itself up.

Yesterday despite the weather, was an amazing junk to Clearwater Bay. New friend Baucus (Baucus was the god of wine. I want that name!) organized a junk with fellow 20-somethings. It was a really fun day and I met a lot of really cool people.  Somehow no one managed to make a total ass of themselves. ha I suppose because it was a Sunday people stayed a little better behaved.

This is going to be a busy week! Tonight is movie date night with Paul. We got a groupon for 2 movie tickets, a popcorn and 2 drinks for $100HKD. Love groupon. Tomorrow I have to go to the US Embassy to get a new passport (my how fast 10 years goes), meeting new friend Laura for some shopping, then hitting a JMEN Career event. I have no idea what that is, but I'm guessing there will be plenty of people with business cards, and hoping for some wine and cheese, too. Wednesday and Thursday are both full of Cham events. Cham = Chamber of Commerce. I believe there's an AmCham and CanCham happy hour each day. As recruiter Peter told me, you'll be drunk until you find a job. If that's what it takes....

No comments:

Post a Comment