Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Best Night Ever

If things keep going this way, I don't want a job!  It's way fun to a) not go to work b) tell people I don't have a job c)use networking as an excuse to go out every night.

Last night Paul and I attended Foodie Magazine's Wine and Cheese party at PURE.  First off, PURE is a restaurant/bar in the basement of a gym.  Come work out, then undo all that work with some beers!  I like their business model.  {Side note: Paul and I want to open a business, Bike n Beers.  Rent a bike, get a beer.  Not sure how the liability thing will work out though} The event had a good turn out, nice cheeses, and a good way to beat the rain on a Monday night.  Oh and guess who was the first to RSVP to this event?  That's right; this kid.  I told you, I'm always first!  I met a woman, Susan, whos job is basically Outward Bound for International Schools.  She puts together team building and charity events for kids 8-18 years old.  I gave her my card, told her I don't have a job and have time, and she said she'd use me as a guide if they're short people.  How much fun would that be!?  Babysitting in the woods!

But the best part of the evening came after the event.  I have been emailing with a guy Dave I met at a wine event last week.  He's the Manager at a bar/restaurant here and invited me to stop in for a cocktail.   Lily & Bloom in LKF is a speakeasy style bar and restaurant; Lily the bar; Bloom the restaurant.  Dave gives us the VIP tour, including a cigar room hidden behind a secret door.  How cool is that!?  Post tour we go back to the bar where's there's an impressive cocktail list.  Dave suggests I try to their raspberry gin drink.  I don't remember the name, but it's definitely the BEST cocktail I have had since the Gibson in DC (ohhhhh the Gibson!)!  It was light, soo raspberry delicious, and had an awesome raspberry foam on top.  I could probably drink 10 of them, well if they weren't $100 each.  Paul had their Old Fashioned.  It tasted like orangey whiskey deliciousness, and it had a giant ice cube in the middle.  Can we say best bar ever!?  I'm super looking forward to coming back for dinner soon!  I've already told Paul this is where we're coming to celebrate my getting a job :)  Dave was such a gracious host, and the whole place just exudes class and character.

This morning I got up and met with Emily's boyfriend's friend from Australia who now lives in Hong Kong.  Charlie works for an IT firm and has been here 8 months and loves HK!  He's going to pass around my resume and I told him about a vineyard tour coming up, so hopefully I'll get to see him again there.  I love my wine groups!

Coffee was followed by yoga.  I just bought 20 classes on groupon (for $12 usd!) so now I have to go to yoga at least 3 times a week for the next 6 weeks to get all of them in!  The class today was great.  An Indian dude led, and it made me super glad I went to a yoga ashram in Nepal because dude was intense.  Lots of breathing exercises and then sun salutations followed by my favorite, relaxation.  I think I shall go again tomorrow.

Tonight is movie date night.  There's not a whole lot playing, but Paul and I are determined to avoid the bars tonight, even though it's free to drink from 9-11 in LKF.  Must say no....

No comments:

Post a Comment