Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Too Much Veg

Home Food

Whenever I have lots of veggies in the fridge on the brink of going bad, I turn to tomato sauce.  Onion + garlic + red wine + Italian seasoning + chili pepper + whatever veg I have; usually eggplant, spinach, broccoli, zucchini; and cook it down for 30 or so minutes.  I wish I had pictures of last night's pot, but lack of camera and funds have made that impossible :(  It's especially perfect because as it's cooking you need to repeatedly taste.  One stir for the pot, one spoonful for my mouth.  Add some S&P, one stir, one spoonful.  More chili?  Stir, spoon.  Healthy, spicy and Paul likes it too.  Although, what doesn't Paul like?


Street Food
My new deli manju (Korean waffles with cream filling) replacement is eggettes AKA gai daan jai.  Anyone remember my obsession with deli manju?  I don't think I'd be able to eat even one after the obscene amount consumed last winter in Korea.  Eggettes are not so rich though.  They're street waffles in the shape of eggs and taste of coconutty awesomeness with no filling.  Crispy outside.  Soft chewy inside.  Perfect for a fall (it's below 80 today!) afternoon stroll.



Quote from my friend Katie today after I told her Paul and I are attending the Wine and Dine event in TST:

"You are the queen of wine mixers in this city I swear."

Damn straight.  Review of Kowloon's Wine and Dine coming tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment