Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumping Iron

Just a little note about the gym here.  It's huge, new, clean, but has the poorest lay out of a gym that I have ever seen.  The equipment all faces in, except the treadmills which face the windows which are covered by sun guards, no view there.  The machines all face each other and not the mirrors or TVs.  Tell me, what's the point of putting a TV in the gym if you can't see it from any of the machines?? And what really gets me is the free weights that are in this little corner of the gym with no mirror.  You need a mirror people!!  And no mats!  Where do I do my sit ups?  Or stretch?  Which I don't do, but should.  That's what yoga's for, no??!  At least it's free.

Last night Paul and I went down to Happy Valley to an art exhibit opening.  The featured artists weren't to my taste, but the space was really cool.  It was kind of a coop of artists who all design under the 2b name.  They decorate hotels and restaurants around HK and China, and one woman who worked there took it upon herself to give us a full tour and explain in detail we can buy these goods for our home.  I'm not sure what about my jean skirt, or Paul's long hair screamed money, but I guess we looked as though we had some.  ha, little does she know! The best part of the evening came after we left and hit the Happy Valley Brew Pub.  It's the same owner as the Hong Kong Brewery in LKF, but much nicer and quieter than their party time sister.  We just hit the end of happy hour and had the BEST micro brews, including my all time favorite Boont Farm's Amber.  Yumm!!!  And it came with chips and salsa!  We'll be back, HVBP, we'll be back.

Now it's off to a seminar at HKUST about the changing dynamics in the business world.  Don't know what it's going to be like, but hopefully there will be some hiring managers there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment