Monday, October 3, 2011

Jobs!

This AM I fought the rush hour masses all the way down to Central to meet with a friend of a friend as a first round interview.  I had no idea what the job was, but I knew it was with JP Morgan!  I met Michelle and she told me a bit about her job (she's a Senior Associate).  I forget the exact title she used for the department, but basically it's a lot of research and review.  It seems to be a cross between auditing and law.  They look at their clients who are looking for financial services, and review if any of their holdings are involved in money laundering.  For example, they have a branch in Indonesia where there is little regulation blah blah, it's this department at JP that ensures they are legit in all of their businesses.  It sounds really interesting, and if Michelle thinks I sound interesting I will be passed to another interview with her manager.  Fingers crossed!!

Also today I got my first tutoring!  The person has been texting me and we're meeting today at 4.  I have no idea if it's a man or woman, how old, etc., but I guess today will just be a get to know each other and set up expectations.  Woohoo!  Every Tuesday!  Then later this evening there is a happy hour for Autralia's Chamber of Commerce followed by free drinks at Insomnia.  Then no school tomorrow!  Well, for Paul!  It's Chung Yeung Festival, which I think is Hong Kong's National Day.  We're going to pick an island to go explore.  Hopefully this wind will stop and the sun will come out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment