Friday, November 11, 2011

Chincha!? AGAIN!?

Here's a lovely email I got from one of my recruiters in regards to an opening at Standard Chartered on their equities desk (read: my dream job):

"...even though they felt that you had the relevant experience this is quite an urgent hire for them and they are unable to wait 6 weeks to get a working Visa."


Screw this visa nonsense.  I'm telling ya, I'm 3 minutes away from running down to city hall to marry my way into a visa (this was honest to god advice from someone I met at that crappy networking event).  Mom, don't worry, I won't really!  For now...

Photo taken and loaded via iPhone :)
ANYWAY, in waaaay more important news, I am now an IPHONE OWNER!!!  Paul and I waited. And waited and waited in line for our new iPhones (which I couldn't pick up earlier in the day because I don't have a HKID!!!!!).  There were these 3 poor guys working at the store, and when we actually got up to talk to them they told us they'd been there since 11 pm the night before.  This was 8pm 11.11.11.  Bummer.  Another hour of them setting it up and everything and Paul and I have iPhones!!!!  And they're awesome!!  Definitely worth the 2+ hour investment on a Friday night.  We came back and had an amazing yet silent dinner of cheese, salami, pate, crackers, fruit, salmon and garlic shrimp.  I tots outdid myself :)  And then we spent the rest of the night sitting next to each other in silence downloading apps.  I love this little guy.  Needless to say, iPhone > random poetry.

If you need to contact me you can do it via facebook, email, twitter, facetoface, textie, skype, or just call +852 6331 2975 and I'll get right back to you.

Today I'm going to meet my friend Liza at her church for a "Women's Brunch; 10 Things I Have Learned In Life."  Should be interesting and then Paul and I are shopping for iPhone cases.  We had originally planned to go camping in Tai Long O, but our lack of research/planning/effort has proven to get the best of us, so local we shall stay.  There are a couple exhibit openings, so maybe we'll hit those for a little culture before hitting LKF.

No comments:

Post a Comment