Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This reminds me of Thanksgiving in LA all those years ago.  Except there will be a turkey this year.  And a kitchen.  And dishes won't be done in the bathtub.  Ahem.  But sun is shining, weather is sweet!  It's the perfect day out, and somehow I am feeling lazy and tired so I shall relax and take a nap.  Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about?  Oh and what you're thankful for.  This year I am thankful for the following:

My partner in crime, without whom I wouldn't have the life I have now.  I am so lucky to have found my person.  <3 you P.  (I know Carolann's rolling her eyes over in Kimchiville)
My family!  I get to see you in less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the technology of Skype that keeps us in touch so faaaar away.
A beautiful new home (country and apartment) and friends.  Ex-pats unite!
All of my friends across the world
My health (and family's and friends')
Tariff free wine.  Woot.
My open schedule (although I suppose I would be more thankful for a fulfilling job and paycheck....this is not the time)
My new iphone (i love you)
The increase in blog traffic (yeah guys, thanks!)

And much much more that I'm sure you've picked up through the past few months of reading this beast.   What are you most thankful for this holiday?


Ok so about my funny evening last night at the wine investment seminar from Platinum Wines.  It's at the usual spot, Otto in LKF, but instead of 30+ people it was just the Platinum people (Rakesh, Emma, Alex, Karen) and 10 or so of us for the "seminar."  We're greeted with a Chardonnay, mini pulled pork sammies, bruschetta, and filet toasts, and spend the better part of an hour schmoozing with the wine people and each other (and 3 other asa wines from around the world.  The best being a 2003 Australian Shiraz- YUM).  Tis good networking.  I eventually got into conversation with Patrick, an older Chinese gentlemen, who for some reason took a liking to me.  He seemed to think I have a "natural ability to bring people together."  I told him all about how I was am looking for a finance job, but more recently have thought about following my passion into wines.  He told me don't second guess it, don't fool around, just dive in 100%.  Good advice if I didn't change my mind every day about what I am supposed to do with my life.  Anyone remember my Mandarin lessons??  Karen and Rakesh gave a quick presentation about the basics of investment wines, which I found to be very informative and interesting.  It's definitely a really appealing alternative investment, and hell, if markets run dry, drink your reward!  Win win really.  Anywho, post event Patrick invites Karen (who is just a doll and knows soooo much about wine) and I to go meet his friends for a drink.  "Just a half hour."  We go down the street and meet his Asia PGA tour friend Nick (Englishmen) and his wife (Hong Kongian) Yvette.  They're amazing, albeit amazingly hammered as well, and I mentioned I like John Daly.  Nick informs me the HSBC Classic will be in HK next weekend and he would love to arrange a dinner with John.  Chincha!?  Asa!!  I'm doubtful this will come to fruition, but stranger things have happened.  Regardless, it was a really fun evening, totally out of the ordinary, and I learned something.

So now tis time to watch some RHBH and catch a nap.  Happy Thanksgiving!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment