Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Finishy

After stalking out neighborhoods and harassing people on the street (you'd be surprised how many people don't want to be in a magazine!), I have finished four Street Views and my Word on the Street....and my Le Souk review but I'm not 100% happy with that yet.  I hope they think I did a good job!!

Yesterday brought the rain.  Goodbye summer.  Hello 70s.  Last night I ran, well not literally, from tutoring down to Hart Avenue in TST (check it in an upcoming issue of Foodie), to meet Kameron and Pfunk for Taco Tuesday.  What brilliant alliteration!  Who could resist!?  There's also one at my new favorite place Happy Valley Bar & Grill, but it's just a litttle too far to travel on a rainy Tuesday.  But for $9.99 you get a beef taco and beers are on special too.  I haven't been drinking much beer on account of there is so much good wine here, but once and a while it hits the spot.  You know how I've mentioned this small little expat world I live it?  Well it reared it's head again last night.  I ran into Victor at Tequila Jack's.  So far I ran into him at a wine event, a cocktail event, a Dutch luncheon (ha!), and now for tacos! We clearly have similar interests/are on the same email lists.  You can find Victor in next month's issue of Foodie as well (Word on the Street).  Sick of the plugs yet?  Just wait til the magazine actually comes out.

I got a phone call from Huxley recruiting today saying they were having a meeting with Standard Chartered about an urgent position on their equities desk, and they wanted to know if they could present me as a candidate.  YES!!!  They must really be desperate because I don't have any equities experience except from what I've studied with the CFA.  But here's hoping!!

Anyway, tis raining and I'm supposed to go to a networking event in Central tonight, but I'm a little hesitant to trek all the way down there to find a lackluster turn out.   Perhaps it will help my career karma to go....


No comments:

Post a Comment