Friday, November 4, 2011

fengqi.asia

I woke up reasonably early this morning, the sun was shining, and I decided to go for a quick little 4 miler.  31 minutes later and I hop in the shower.  I go to get a little pump of condition and son of a bitch shoots straight into my eye!  Must have been saving conditioner gunk for weeks to get that kind of precision and height! All I'm thinking is, "Oh no I have to go to this winery today with a puffy eye.  That or it's going to look like a smoked a pound of hash!"  Luckily for me I was in the shower.  A quick flush out and the crisis was averted. Shampoo I would expect this from you, but conditioner?  Really?

Doesn't the chandelier look like a booby tassel? 
Yesterday afternoon was an interesting one.  As I mentioned I didn't know what the event I was going to was.  Turns out it was a launch for some new cloud technology, fengqi.asia.  I'm still a little unclear about what exactly it is, perhaps because 1/3 of the hour long explanation was in Cantonese.  All was not lost though.  I made some good contacts in the banking and technology world, got a free key fob for attending, had some mediocre wine, and some excellent food!  The highlights were the skewers with a tomato, rare beef and fig, cheese foi gras puff pastry, and my absolute favorite mini grilled ham and cheese!  The turnout was pretty funny.  There were over 100 people there, 95% of which were Chinese, and 95% of which were men.  I was definitely the only Caucasian woman there, and I'm pretty sure the other white dudes were the CEOs and CTOs of the two companies who put this product together.  After introducing myself the first question everyone asked was, "How did you find out about this?"  Oh I have my ways.



Post reception I met Paul for dinner.  I had already eaten, but I wanted to profile this cute little street where Kameron and I had dinner the previous night.  Hau Fook Street will make an appearance in one of the upcoming Foodie magazines.  Paul and I popped into this tiny little Chinese place that Kameron said she and her parents like to go to, and we ordered a small thousand year egg and fish meat congee, and beef n noodles.  The congee was amazing!!! My new favorite and it was $21! (~<$3).
thousand year old egg w/ fish meat congee

No comments:

Post a Comment